Sunday, October 09, 2005

Adventurous


Adventurous Posted by Picasa
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." ~ Alan Cohen
A teenager defines the word "adventurous"; for them everything is changing at a fast pace and all of life is an adventure. Nyssa is no exception. There was learning to drive which may have been more adventurous for me than it was for her. "Uh, Nyssa, you're hugging the far right side of the road; you remember this is where the mailboxes are. I'd like us to get home without taking out any."

She has climbed to the top of the leaning tower at Pisa, Italy; loves all types of roller coasters and freefall "leave your stomach at the top" rides; has been spelunking in the caves of southeastern Tennessee and snowmobiling in western New York. I'm sure there may be adventures that even I don't know about.

A few weeks ago she called me and said "Mom! Guess what!?" This is not good for a mother's heart, but I'm game..."What?" "I will be twenty my next birthday! I won't be a teenager any more! That makes me a little sad." Bless it, she is having her first age crisis. The mom in me says "Thank you God, we made it to 20."

Submission for Moody Monday topic "adventurous". (end of post)

No comments: