Monday, February 27, 2006

Watchful Rhett


Rhett, always watchful. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Watchfulness is the path to immortality....." ~ Dhammapada
Rhett is intent on something outside the sunroom. It isn't a bird, it's too windy for them to get very far. Most of the sea gulls were huddled together on the ground in parking lots this morning. More than likely he is staring at blowing leaves or pine needles; his stare made more intense by the occasional loud "plunk" of a falling pine cone on the metal roof.

Of course, the other possibility is that he is contemplating his beloved, Sophie. He spent a considerable amount of time looking at her sleek form at Friday's Ark this week. He tends to get in this dreamy, spaced out state after a Sophie-fix and after sniffing the famous catnip bag. All I know is that I would love to be lost in that quiet mindless void he goes to when he's got this look. Ah, to be a cat; well, it would be nice to be "my" cat.

Mr. Rhett will visit the other animals at Friday's Ark this week and the Carnival of the Cats at Catcall this Sunday. (end of post)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It іs ρeгfeсt time tο make a fеw
plans fοг the lοng run аnd it's time to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you some interesting issues or advice. Maybe you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I desire to learn even more issues about it!

Stop by my web site - taxicab irving
Also see my web page > taxi irving