Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Cross-eyed Kitty's Tummy


Miss Chloe seems surprised. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen,
and see the cat smiling into her fur as she
delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
"Cat, I would lend you this book to study
but it appears you have already read it."
She looks up and gives me her full gaze.
"Don't be ridiculous" she purrs, "I wrote it."
~ From "Miao" by Dilys Laing
I think I surprised Miss Chloe with this shot. She was lounging in a sunbeam, minding her own business and there it was, that little red light blinking on her tummy. Is that a look of indignation in that face? One can never really tell what goes on behind those crossed eyes. Maybe nothing. Maybe a lot. Maybe some tactical planning to revenge this latest disruption of her solitude. Maybe it would be best for me not to know.

Miss Chloe is showing her tummy at catstuff's Tummy Tuesday. Since we will be out of pocket on Friday, she will sneak aboard Friday's Ark and head on over to the Carnival of the Cats on Sunday as well. The carnival is hosted this week by The House of the (Mostly) Black Cats. Doesn't that sound fascinating? (end of post)

No comments: