Saturday, October 07, 2006

Give Me A Head Of Hair


Give me a head of hair.... long, beautiful hair.
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ Kahlil Gibran
The "hair" before the "extreme makeover"; hers grows so fast it won't take long to get to this length again. I love the girl under this head of hair; I would give my life for her. Sometimes I wonder if choices I made were the right ones; the ones to help her grow up with the strength of character she will need in life; to be able to discern the truth of what is right and wrong and to stand firm. This mop of hair covers a smart, beautiful and kind girl. It's in there, I shouldn't worry. But I'm still a Mom. It's still my job to worry. Someday she will understand this, when her daughter's cascading curls stand right in front of her, and she begins to wonder.

Submission for PXITE topic "hair". (end of post)

No comments: