Saturday, July 11, 2009

SPH: Tip-Toe Through The Trash



Not much room left for dumpster diving here.
(You may click the picture to enlarge...
but why would you want to?)
Posted by Picasa

"My wife is always trying to get rid of me. The other day she told me to put the garbage out. I said to her I already did. She told me to go and keep an eye on it." ~ Rodney Dangerfield (American Comedian, 1921-2004)

I didn't have many pictures of actual garbage this week... though I have thrown away my fair share of pictures that were essentially garbage. This is it... the dumpster that currently resides on the street just outside our fence. It has been emptied once... and for a long time, there wasn't much in it. But that changed a lot this week and now it is filled with construction garbage..discarded wood fragments, stones, broken brick, patio pavers, wooden pallets and a variety of trash..oh, yes... and a few odd broken plastic chairs and a really raunchy door mat.

My next door neighbors are Navy and are being transferred clear across the country. Last week they had a dumpster delivered; now there are two... dueling dumpsters. But my dumpster is prettier, by far.

Tennessee Chick graciously hosts Saturday Photo Hunt each week... and this week's theme is "garbage". I am sure there are many more takes on this theme than my muddled mind could come up with this week... make sure to check them out.

(end of post)

No comments: