Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beautiful Reserve


Dwarf lily...new beginnings. Posted by Picasa
"One of the most attractive things about the flowers is their beautiful reserve." ~ Henry David Thoreau
I am slowly trying to plant in the front flowerbeds; easy care flowers that will eventually provide color from the early spring well into the late fall. I found these dwarf lilies at the local garden center, not yet in bloom, so the spectacular colors were quite the surprise as they opened. And they are great subjects for the macro lens that Stephen gave me for my birthday. I love how stately lilies are, so regal and serene... of course the recent rain and residual droplets of water don't hurt either!

My first entry for a LensDay in ages... this week's subject is "flower".
(end of post)

No comments: