Saturday, March 14, 2009

Orange You Glad Your Room Isn't This Color?


Chrysanthemum... orange in the garden.
(Click picture to enlarge)
Posted by Picasa

"Orange is the happiest color." ~ Frank Sinatra

Only once growing up did I have the chance to actually pick the color of my room. Even then it was more out of courtesy rather than practical, as I was already in college and would be home on holidays or in the summer; and then for only a couple of years. But, I did get to choose. Now, you have to remember that this was the early 70's and it was the time of large flowery prints on wall paper and shag carpets and I was only 17. So, for my attic room I chose orange.... this shade of orange... bright.... very bright...what was she thinking bright! It went so well with the pop art flowered bedspread in orange, bright yellow and lime green as well as the yellow and lime shag throw rugs. Of course taste changes... favorite colors wax and wane..... and....

I wonder what happened to that bedspread?

I am returning to Shutterday this week... the theme... Orange.

(end of post)

No comments: