Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enchanted Forest: Down The Rabbit Hole


The very strange adventures of Alice... shrinking and growing.
Sounds like the modern everyday woman to me.
(Click pictures to enlarge)

"If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does." ~ The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland
The gorgeous playhouse exhibition at Norfolk Botanical Gardens is only a few days away from closing. We have visited Jack and the Beanstalk, The Crooked Man, Red Riding Hood's Grandmother, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Old MacDonald's Farm. Only three more to go and this installment takes us on a wild adventure with strange mushrooms, rabbits wearing top hats and grinning cats that only show their bright smiles.


Looking in... what will they find? The Queen of Hearts or perhaps the Knave.

The house is bright, covered with red hearts and hats and grins and yellow-orange eyes and inside things are larger or smaller than they seem.. actually, nothing looks to be as it seems! I think this was the most colorful house of them all. And the mushrooms... the biggest most adorable mushrooms you could ever hope to see. I love how the little boy with the baseball cap just stood and contemplated those fake mushrooms for what seemed like forever.


Welcome... to Alice's Adventure in Imagination. Posted by Picasa

This is my entry for Ruby Tuesday... and what great ruby slippers there were inside. NO. Wait! That was another story, the one with a dog and a yellow brick road and a scarecrow I believe. So enjoy and if you happen to live in the Tidewater area... hurry on to the gardens to see them before they disappear off into children's back yards.

(end of post)


9 comments:

Beverly said...

Thanks for the trip through storyland.  I think Ella would love that.  Do they do it every year?

Hootin' Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, a favorite story of mine.  Super fun...super photos.

My R T Link

Have a great day.

Auntie E said...

Oh I will now have to visit dad and go there. You almost got me with the rubby slippers,lol.
My ruby Link for you

Sandra said...

these prove you certainly have visied the land of enchantment. what fun!

kenju said...

How darling!! I know the little ones really enjoy these.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is wonderful! My favorite part is the cheshire cat's eyes and grin and the tophat on the roof!! The only bad thing about all these houses is that they probably didn't let you in!! Too bad you couldn't shrink like Alice just for awhile!

Scarlet said...

What amazing houses!
That looks like so much fun!!
I wish I was a little kid!

Col said...

Love the little house and the muchrooms of every size.  How I would love to be able to take my grandkids there.

Michelle from Rambling Woods said...

How cute those houses are and hey...no video games for the kids...