Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ABC Wednesday: "F" is for Fauna, Flora and a Final Exam


Yes, this is a quiz...... get your pencils ready!
(Click picture to enlarge)
Posted by Picasa

“Educational television should be absolutely forbidden. It can only lead to unreasonable disappointment when your child discovers that the letters of the alphabet do not leap up out of books and dance around with royal-blue chickens.” ~ Fran Lebowitz (American Writer and Humorist, b.1950)
ABC Wednesday is here again and the letter this week is "F". I figured that a pop quiz is in order, having never posted one before. So, I collected a few of my favorite pictures for you to match with descriptions and the answers will be below. Just fit the descriptions with the letters in the picture mosaic. So, have fun and don't fake it. Enjoy. Ready? Begin!
  1. Foreboding Forest ________
  2. Fragrant Flowers _________
  3. Fuzzy Flyer _____________
  4. Friendly Face ___________
  5. Filigreed Fern___________
  6. Fanciful Fuchsia _________
  7. Fabulous Flutterby _______
  8. Frilly Foliage____________
  9. Fluffy Feline ____________
  10. Feisty Finch _____________

(end of post)
ABC Wednesday Cycle 8 ~ Letter "F"






Answers: 1. f; 2. i; 3. b; 4. j; 5. c; 6. g; 7. a; 8. d; 9. h; 10. e.

12 comments:

Beverly said...

What a clever post!  I see that friendly face and furry feline.  I hope you are as fit as a fiddle today!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a real cute idea! My favorites have to be the bird, the cat, and the bee. Hey, that sounds like the name of a book!

Lulu said...

I think i jut failed the final exam! 
Please visit my entry: F is for Fishing

Roger Green said...

love the flora and fauna, but the exam made me FLUSH  with anxiety; but FOTUNATELY, it was pretty easy.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Gattina said...

I love the birdie's angry look ! that's really priceless !
Gattina
ABC team

Sandra said...

E is my favortie and what an expression... love that face. cat and dog vie for number 2 postion, cat is beautiful dog is adorable the little bird won because of that sweet look

Vicki said...

Max! Bev makes me smile with her comment as does your feisty feathered friend.

Leslie said...

:) This was a fun-filled post!  Hope you have a fun-filled week!

Leslie, ABCW Team

kenju said...

I cheated and saw your  answers before I took the test!  The angry bird is priceless!

kenju said...

I cheated and saw your  answers before I took the test!  The angry bird is priceless!

colleen said...

Love the alliteration. I though the answer was going to spell something. I got as far as FIBJC.  http://looseleafnotes.com

Jill said...

What a fun post and I love the mosaic! Those are some beautiful eyes on the cat! and love the look on the warbler's face. So cute!