Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello.....2007


A wild boar... M. Dubois Grocer (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I will seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion. I will seek to be worthy more than respectable, wealthy and not rich. I will study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly. I will listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with an open heart. I will bear all things cheerfully, do all things bravely await occasions and hurry never. In a word I will let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common." ~ William Ellery Channing
Fireworks, bottle rockets and firecrackers fired in the new year and kept the noise level high for over a half an hour. Poor Max, doesn't like fire crackers so he spent the night inside with the cats. Otherwise, it was pretty boring here.... no wild parties, no loud music; just the click of computer keys and the sound of millions watching the ball drop in Times Square as the Year of the Pig began.

AC posted a really cute picture of a pig last week but I didn't really have any. Then I remembered this sign above one of the shops in Colonial Williamsburg. Not exactly a pig, but close... a wild boar! If that doesn't work for you then consider the little piggies below.... these sock pigs were made by my great aunt in Franklin County, Virginia.


I've read several good posts today regarding New Year's resolutions; all have seemed very worthwhile and well thought out. I am trying not to make specific resolutions this year; they don't usually work out in the grand scheme of things. So this year will be a "one day at a time" year and we'll just see what happens.
Happy New Year!!!!!


(end of post)

No comments: