Saturday, August 11, 2007

No, I Am Not Dead.........Yet!

Remember this photo?
"Nothing got without pains but an ill name and long nails." ~ Scottish Proverb
No chance of having long nails here!! You remember this picture of the 10 x 23 foot storage unit that contained a majority of my life for three years? It had boxes stacked to the ceiling in the back half... chairs, books, dishes, books, clothes, books, Christmas decorations, books, twin bed, books, stuffed animals, Beanie Babies (bet you thought I was going to say "books"), rocking horse, books, computers, books, grill, books, trunks, books, keyboard and more books; this really was my life in a box, or boxes.

I did well cleaning it out for a while, until I got to the "wall" of boxes. Then Nyssa showed up at the depth of my despair and suddenly the infusion of young energy started the ball rolling. We moved it, box by box... van load by van load... and finally only huge things that we could not lift were left... bed springs, treadmill, filing cabinet and a couple of boxes for garage sale. So Wednesday, the hottest day of the year here at 103 with a heat index of 111... we had two men my dad knows to help with the last of it.

Oh, yes... during the process we only had one... "Joshua" experience... you know.. "Joshua fit the battle of Jericho and the walls came a tumbling down". Who knew that small box was holding up the whole layer? Fortunately, they were light and didn't hurt a bit....

Now, the storage unit looks like this......
And this.....

EMPTY!!!!!!

PS: This post was to prove that I am still alive and that I haven't been slouching! The knees are still with us... as long as I keep moving I do better... that sitting still and sleeping makes the muscles tighten up and then.... it is HARD to move.

PPSS: Books are the Achilles heel of this family... all of us! We don't really need a house... we really need to live in a library!

(end of post)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time Warner Cable services feature broadband internet, digital cable
TV and digital phone. CBS began the trend when it split from Viacom; in 2006
CBS CEO Leslie Moonves proclaimed he would get paid for CBS content.
But if you don't know what to look for you can end up with a low resolution picture with washed out colors.

my homepage :: oceanic cable blog