Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mr. Rhett and His Doll

"Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be." ~ Anonymous

(Story by Mr. Rhett)
Most of us like to smell catnip. It is so yummy and it makes us feel good, almost as good as the sunshine. My sister had this toy first, but then I took it away from her. She was finished with it though. Look it is a little Siamese kitty that looks like we do! Well you can't see it very well here, but you can see my tummy. My little white patch is almost invisible here; my sister Scarlett has a large white tummy patch!


See, now you can see the little kitty toy! Isn't it cute? And it smells good too. I wonder if it will taste as good as it looks. Clover likes to eat the catnip, just a little bit. She and her sister Chloe go nuts when they get around the stuff. Not me! OK, so I go nuts too, just not as bad as they do.


I think I will lick the precious little kitty head. See no one got mad. Now I will nibble on the little ear... hmm, if I do this to Scarlett, she growls and hisses at me and then the lady tells me to stop and leave her alone... It really isn't fair! Just because she had surgery and has to eat special food, the lady has been very partial to her. Scarlett gets the most yummy stinky goodness to eat and it really makes me mad! Oops! I didn't mean to bite your ear so hard little kitty toy.


I will hug you tight and rock around a little. I never had a stuffed animal for my very own before. You are so much fun. Of course I will have to guard this kitty closely or one of the other cats will sneak in and steal it from me. I don't like that! I could go to sleep with this little soft toy in my paws.....


See, here is my precious Siamese kitty toy. Don't you think it looks a lot like me? Really handsome kitty here. You can't see them very well, but it has blue eyes, just like mine. And that is the end of my story... I hope you have a good day.

The people at our house were acting different yesterday, sad and they looked scared too. I heard them talk about the horrible shootings at the Virginia college and I was afraid because my favorite girl goes to college and she was just here this weekend. But the lady said not to be scared because the girl, Nyssa goes to a different college and all the people there were OK. They are still sad because some of the people at the girl's school know people at the other school. We are all sending prayers and heartfelt condolences to those who were hurt and to the families of those who were killed.

That's all... please say a prayer for all the people at Virginia Tech.

With purrs and nibbles,

Mr. Rhett

Rhett is going to read (well, he will have me read to him) other stories about kitties at Cats on Tuesday, hosted by gattina. He will be showing his tummy at Tummy Tuesday over at catstuff. He is hoping that his friend Sophie will also board Friday's Ark this week at the Modulator and he hopes to see Miss Boo over at the Carnival of the Cats, hosted this week by The Scratching Post. (end of post)

No comments: