Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How Fast Time Flies!!

Happy 21st Birthday, Nyssa!!



(Clockwise from top left: 1986 ~ One day old, 1986 ~ 7 months,
1988 ~ 2 years old, 1992 ~ 6 years old)
For My Beautiful Daughter

by Susan Polis Schultz

I looked at you today and saw the same beautiful eyes that looked at me with love when you were a baby.
I looked at you today and saw the same beautiful mouth that made me cry when you first smiled at me when you were a baby.
It was not long ago that I held you in my arms long after you fell asleep and I just kept rocking you all night long.

(Clockwise from top left: 1999 ~ 13 years old, 2001 ~ 15 years old,
2002 ~ 16 years old, 2004 ~ 18 years old)
I looked at you today and saw my beautiful daughter, no longer a baby but a beautiful person with a full range of emotions and feelings and ideas and goals.
Every day is exciting as I continue to watch you grow.

(Clockwise from top left: 2005 ~ 19 years old, 2006 ~ 20 years old,
2006 ~ still 20 years old, 2007 ~ 21 years old)
Posted by Picasa
And I want you to always know that in good and bad times I will Love you and that no matter what you do or how you think or what you say, you can depend on my support, guidance, friendship and love every minute of every day.
I love being your mother.
Twenty one years ago today at 5:00 PM, you came into this world screaming with outrage at being disturbed, even before you were completely delivered. You had your first "day at the beach" under those bili lights; sleeping for eight hours, naked and warm and content. Thus began your love affair with the beach and your ever present battle with the alarm clock.

It was hard for me to imagine this day, your 21st birthday, way back when you were first placed in my arms. It is still hard for me to comprehend how fast time has flown by. What is easy to remember is how much I loved you then, how much I loved watching you grow and how proud I am of the person you've become!

The path your life will take is now in your hands; I must take off the training wheels and let you go. Now, the decisions of your life are yours, make them wisely and always with the help of God.
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munsch
(end of post)

No comments: