Monday, November 01, 2010

Another Little Stinger


It's hard to keep a buzzing bee still.
(Halloween 1987.... 18mths old)
Posted by Picasa

“The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” ~ Henry David Thoreau (American Essayist, Poet and Philosopher, 1817-1862)
I've been going through old pictures, trying to remember the dates and places and events. I guess you'd say I'm trying to get my memories in order. It is easy to see the changes in your children during that first year, even up through their fifth year... but then, the changes are more subtle and when they reach high school, it is almost impossible to tell their freshman year from the junior year. Thank goodness for old film cameras that put the date on each print and how I wish I had had one to do that all throughout her growing up. But here, I remember. The second Halloween and the Killer Bees. I posted about them in the previous post Killer Bee Cutie Pies but all you could see of the adorable bees is their fronts. So here is a back view with her little wings and that mighty stinger following along behind. The picture is blurred a bit and looking through the pack.. all of them were. I had forgotten through the years how difficult it was to keep an 18 month old standing still long enough to get a sharp picture.

This, along with the previous post, will be my Mellow Yellow Monday entry for today. (Click on the badge to get there)

(end of post)
MellowYellowBadge

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awwww! what a sweet little "honey"!! And that huge stinger!!

sandra said...

this little stinger is every bit as cute as the killer bees photo. precious memories you have here

Renegades said...

What a cute yellow photo.

Beverly said...

Too, too cute.