Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This Post Is Brought To You By The Letter "O"


Orson the Osprey.....with fish. No "Orson" isn't quite right.

"I think he'll be to Rome
As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
By sovereignty of nature." ~ William Shakespeare (Coriolanus, Act IV, Scene VII)


Hmm... he could be Oscar the Osprey... look at those buggy eyes, checking for thieves...
perhaps knowing that someone or something is watching him dine.


Lunch is finished and his true form revealed. Yes... Oliver the Osprey it is.
A regal name for a regal bird of prey. Posted by Picasa

(end of post)
ABC Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday... well almost.

13 comments:

Lucinda Adania said...

Gosh, I would love to see this first hand. I love birds of prey...and nature, in general.
In the first shot...it looks as if Oliver is asking the fish, "Any final wishes?"

Berowne said...

I liked your Shakespeare quote.  You might find some interesting info on him back at my place.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful pictures, and I love the silouette of the pine needles that frames him. We saw an osprey once, stopped and watched him fishing. Unfortunatly, it was before digital cameras, so not an up close look and no pictures!

sandra said...

and O is for what i said when the first photo came up. OHHH! love that first shot.

Roger Green said...

Oh, I LIKED Orson - reminds me of orson on Mork.

Roger Green said...

Oops - I forgot: ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Inger-M said...

Those are amazing pictures! What a privilege to be able to observe such a beautiful bird. Really nice series.

Vicki said...

Oliver?? okay, if you say so. Obadel? Oakley? Oberon? Ogden? Whatever- he is ever so handsome.

Kenju said...

I like all your names for him.....LOL  He's gorgeous.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh what a treat!!!! :-D  I've never seen an osprey but would love to. No matter what his name, what an awesome raptor......Michelle

Patricia said...

Very cool. We do have numerous osprey in my neck of the woods, but I've never been close enough with camera in hand to photograph one. Oliver is perfect!

Arija said...

He truly is a magnificent bird although in the first shot he does look a bit, well . . . daft. I hope I did not hurt his feelings.

Beverly said...

Spectacular photos.  We have lots of ospreys in Florida.  In fact, there is a town south of where I live named Osprey.