Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt: Standing



Standing art. Metropolitan Museum of Art. NYC. 2006 Posted by Picasa

“What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what kind of a person you are” ~ C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)
I posted this picture from our trip to New York City way back in 2006, but it remains one of my favorites. It was originally posted in color, however I like it just as much in black and white. It was taken at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on one of the hottest days of the year. We escaped there to enjoy both the art and the air conditioning. I had been concentrating on the bronze statue in the forefront that reminded me so much of those in Florence, Italy; when I looked up and saw Nyssa standing there gazing at the picture of a young girl dressed in a regal flowing gown and velvet cloak, but with loosely done hair that could pass for a modern young lady. So I couldn't help but sandwich Nyssa in between two gorgeous works of art... since she is, of course what I consider my greatest work of art, or at least I'd like to think I had a little to do with her inner beauty. Anyway, when I saw that the photo hunter theme was "standing", I couldn't help but gravitate to this picture of three children of three different ages and all standing.

(end of post)
Saturday Photo Hunt ~ "Standing"

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, I noticed all this before you even said anything! It is an amazing picture that does tell a story (your picture, not the one hanging). Wonderfully done!!

Nyssa said...

I LOVE this photo, mom. I definitely need one in color too!! 

Beverly said...

I remember that photo.  It is quite striking in black and white.

Alice Audrey said...

What a fantastic take on the theme!

luna miranda said...

this is a delightful sculpture.  i like this photo.

kenju said...

It's a perfect example for the theme! I like it better in black and white.

YTSL said...

Very nice photo -- and I can see why you like it so (and enough to post it twice on your blog). :)

sandra said...

the color photos is really good, and you did a great job getting all three of them like that, the composition is great. the black and white is spectacular because it turns a photo in color into a work of ART in black and white. love it

Rach said...

that's a great choice for the theme! mines at blog.badangel.org.uk

ann said...

Love this beautiful photo. Thanks for coming to see mine.

ann new zealand said...

can I swap over to the other leg? It is getting numb.

MyMaracas said...

I like this best in black and white, and I love the layering of subjects. Very nice photo!