Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lines of Nature

Seashell: lines of sight, lines of touch, lines of nature
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"I sometimes wonder if the hand is not more sensitive to the beauties of sculpture than the eye. I should think the wonderful rhythmical flow of lines and curves could be more subtly felt than seen. Be this as it may, I know that I can feel the heart throbs of the ancient Greeks in their marble gods and goddesses." ~ Helen Keller (1880-1968), "The Story of My Life"
Seashells marked with beautiful lines; horizontal straight lines for the eye and curving grooved lines for the touch. How magnificent are the patterns of nature! The artistry of God surrounds us, readily available to be enjoyed and yet, so often cast aside or overlooked. Beauty waits to bring us joy, even in the small things.

Submission for MacroDay topic "lines". (end of post)

No comments: