Sunday, June 19, 2005

Voilà!


A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.
~William A. Ward
Nyssa, age almost 3, in Oklahoma City. We went to a local park on a Tuesday, my afternoon off. By then it was just the two of us. Emotions for me were still quite raw and the world felt cloudy even on a bright sunny day. For Nyssa, life was good, she was still too young to feel the full force of the divorce. She could smile and prance and twirl and laugh and her face would shine with an absolute joy for life. How could I see this face and not smile? Her light could brush away my sorrow, if only for a little while.

Now she is grown and better understands the past. I have never thanked her for the rays of sunshine she brought me during that dark time. Thank you, my Nyssa, my daughter, my love, my life.

Submitted to Moody Monday for topic "Sunny". (end)
Posted by Hello

No comments: