Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Question For The Mother's Therapy Group


My younger brother Stephen, now 43, on his first birthday. Posted by Picasa
"Every mother generally hopes that her daughter will snag a better husband than she managed to do... but she's certain that her boy will never get as great a wife as his father did." ~ Unknown
This is probably not true, at least not completely, but it does lead to my question. I've read the comments on Vicki's site and while a few "mothers with sons" have weighed in, most are "mothers of daughters". I was wondering, not having a son myself, if there is a different way of looking at the son leaving home for the first time or is it the same? Is it harder to let a boy go than a daughter? I think in many ways it was harder for my mom to let Stephen go than it was for me to go 1400 miles away to college. I thought there might be more mothers with sons leaving for college this year that might want to join as well.

No comments: