Saturday, September 17, 2005

Silhouettes By The Sea


Children of Summer. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only a child playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." ~ Sir Isaac Newton (English Mathematician and Physicist, 1642-1727)
Under the bright summer sun, children play at the beach building castles and dredging moats in the damp sand. Their dark silhouettes are a sharp contrast against the sparkling blue of the vast ocean; this ocean whose waves will soon wash over the castles and turrets at high tide, erasing all traces of their existence. And yet memories of these castles in the sand will remain intact in the hearts of the children.

Submission for PXITE topic "silhouette". (end of post)

No comments: