Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Bird Watcher & the "Watcher" Bird


Miss Scarlett: "Love to watch those birdies"
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"The bird of paradise lights only upon the hand that does not grasp." ~ John Berry
The small birds have found my hanging net feeder in the bush outside the bedroom window. With the window cracked their twittering and chirping can be heard. Miss Scarlett was the first to investigate. All her senses were on alert; twitching whiskers, sweeping ears, darting eyes, swishing tail and that strange chatter she reserves for bugs and birds. She sat, bird watching for twenty minutes, until Miss Clover jumped up and scared them away. (Continued)


At times up to eight birds fought for thistle. Then I saw the little fellow in the bottom left corner. He was looking in the window, a "Peeping Chickadee" if I ever saw one. Scarlett stared at him, he stared back at her. I wondered what the little bird was thinking.

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat! I did, I did taw a puddy tat!" ~ Tweety Bird
Miss Scarlett is going to follow these little birds all the way to Friday's Ark this week. She has made plans to visit her other kitty friends at the Carnival of the Cats on Sunday, hosted this week by Animal Family. Scarlett told the birds they could come too.

(end of post)

No comments: