Monday, February 06, 2006

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates


Valentine's Day Fare Posted by Picasa
"Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get." ~ Tom Hanks as "Forrest Gump"
I don't remember ever getting one of these heart shaped boxes of chocolates from a sweetheart or from my ex, and no, that is not why he is an "ex". Honestly, I never liked boxed chocolates very much. The concept of "you never know what you're gonna get" doesn't appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, I love a surprise as much as the next person, just not in chocolate. Some of the samplers have a built in list of what flavor is in which little paper holder and this does help. I just don't like 90% of the flavors. The chocolate covered almond or better yet, the sampler with the candy coated Jordan almonds in the middle were my favorite. Actually you could just forget the chocolates and send me a bag of Jordan almonds and I would still be your Valentine (within reason).
"Love never dies of starvation, but often of indigestion." ~ Ninon de Lenclos
Perhaps it's often these chocolates to blame. If you give candy for Valentines, go all out... send Godiva!

(end of post)

No comments: