Friday, May 04, 2007

Stop And Smell The Mallows


Clover takes time to stop and smell the roses... or the mallows in this case.
(Click pictures for larger views)
Smells
Through all the frozen winter
My nose has grown most lonely
For lovely, lovely, colored smells
That come in springtime only.

The purple smell of lilacs,
The yellow smell that blows
Across the air of meadows
Where bright forsythia grows.

The tall pink smell of peach trees,
The low white smell of clover,
And everywhere the great green smell
Of grass the whole world over."
~ Kathryn Worth
Today's post is written by Miss Clover... aka Buckette. (the female counterpart of Bucky at Get Fuzzy)

"We don't often get to go outside and actually Willow and I are the only ones who really enjoy sneaking out a door or the garage. That big brown dog thing, Max was getting a bath at the vet and we got to explore the yard. Mom planted some wildflowers and these white mallows were blooming. I don't think they smell. If so, it isn't a great smell like kibble and the stinky salmon food or that heavenly ham the college girl feeds us bits of sometimes."


Clover: "I don't know why she said to smell them.
They really don't smell like the roses or the salmon!"
"This smelling flowers can really get boring after... say... three seconds! I wonder if there is a lizard around here anywhere or maybe that dog has some chewy thing left over. Better yet, maybe he left a bite of his food in the plate! Wait! No. No luck... he snarfs stuff down faster than we do. Well....I guess I will just have to......"


Clover smells the fresh green grass and more. Posted by Picasa
"Yes! Here is some nice smelly grass for me to nibble on....yummy! Smells great, tastes great! Of course I will upchuck it later and the grandma will squeal and Mom will have to clean it up, but you know.... that is at least half the fun!"

"It will be nice to see my friends on Friday's Ark this week over at the Modulator and there promises to be fun at the Carnival of the Cats on Sunday when it is hosted at When Cats Attack. I might learn a few tips to help me take care of that Willow... maybe even the dog!"

(end of post)

No comments: