Friday, April 21, 2006

A Different Perspective


A Daffodil, from a different perspective. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils."
~ William Wordsworth
No daffodil was wounded, no flower plucked for this photo. I have taken so many pictures of daffodils this spring; different shades of yellow, pale and bold; some with a touch of peach and others two-toned, small and large. This daffodil grew on the bank of a drainage ditch just behind the house; growing wild, naturalized through the years and turned with its face towards the setting sun. I decided to photograph this lovely flower from a different angle. Just as it is with problems in life, if I examine them from a different perspective, I often find a depth of beauty completely overlooked in the "head on" view and a simplicity in the solution; like the simple but elegant line of the flower.

Submission for Photo Friday topic "golden". (end of post)

No comments: