Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Open Road

The open road. Tennessee. (Click picture for larger view)
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms,
Strong and content I travel the open road.
~ Walt Whitman (1819-1892), U.S. poet. "Song of the Open Road."
I have a childhood friend who, with her husband, travels the "open road" throughout the year. They live in their motor home and visit family and friends all over the US; wherever they are, whenever they are needed and for as long as necessary. Other times of the year they visit the Grand Canyon, Florida and all sites in between. Sometimes I wonder if they get tired of this gypsy life. I never thought of her as the type to live this way, but she seems happy and content. Perhaps I didn't know her as well as I thought I did.

Submission for Moody Monday topic "open".
Submission for Tuesdays Photos topic "travel". (end of post)

No comments: