Saturday, April 24, 2010

Two Sweet Girls, One Birthday...


Miss Daisy and Miss Nyssa...Who's the birthday girl?

One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them. ~ Virginia Woolf

I have two sweet girls... Miss Daisy Doodlebug and Miss Nyssa Sweet Pea. Today is a special birthday for one of these lovely creatures, can you guess who? If I tell you her age you can surely guess but at what age does it become inappropriate to divulge a woman's age? OK, probably not before 30 so that lets Miss Daisy out since in dog years she has to be older than 30. Today Nyssa turns 24. The night before her birth I stayed in the hospital and had Red Lobster and strawberry pie brought in. Two days of induction will make you hungry. Still she would not cooperate, even then she knew her own mind and showed she had inherited that stubborn streak that is so strong in her family.

I have to celebrate this birthday long distance and know that this will be the case for many years to come. So even though I couldn't bake a cake or make cookies or see her friends giving her hearty wishes all around, I looked back and thought about a few of the birthdays we were together. And I wish her a very, very happy 24th birthday!! (I am you mother, I can tell people your age and you can't do anything about it! ♥) And if I were there I would bake you a cake.... or cookies... any favorites!?


Birthday cakes and cookies... a selection. Posted by Picasa

(end of post)

6 comments:

Denise said...

What a very sweet photo.  Happy Birthday Nyssa.  I can see your mom is very proud of you.

Denise said...

Just read your previous post and so I am back having followed your instructions.  I hope I did this correctly.

Beverly said...

How dear.  Happy birthday, Nyssa. 

kenju said...

Happy Birthday, Nyssa!

SRP, the cookies are beautiful - I love the Sesame Street ones!! Works of art!

Simply Col said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nyssa!  :)

I love the photo... two very sweet girls. :)

Vicki said...

Your baby! Happy Birthday mother and Nyssa! I hope she does end up teaching at UNC- Asheville! That would be great fun and I would be there for visits, apt. hunting trips or any helpful thing.