Thursday, May 31, 2007

Peace Like A River.....


Sunset on the James River, Virginia. Posted by Picasa

"So let us welcome peaceful evening in." ~ William Cowper. English Poet (1731-1800)
This deep water river flows past Jamestown where settlers built their colony 400 years ago. While the current is strong to the ocean, its surface is usually calm, only quiet and small lapping waves at the shore. This is a wonderful place to see the majesty of nature in the sunrise or as here, the sunset and transports me back into time when life was harder, yet at the same time much more simple. This is a perfect place to meditate and search the soul.
"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul."
~ Horatio G. Spafford
Submission for Thursday Challenge topic "peaceful". (end of post)

No comments: