Monday, March 06, 2006

Scarlett's Eyes


The "eyes" have it. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I love cats. I love their grace and their elegance. I love their independence and their arrogance, and the way they lie and look at you, summing you up...with that unnerving, unwinking, appraising stare." ~ Joyce Stranger
This is Scarlett's "you have my full attention, but that doesn't mean I will obey" look. This is usually seen before she is asked to get off the table or chair or desk or windowsill. It is a look that says "I'll remember this," and it is usually reserved for the humans in her daily life. Now, if visitors come, she rubs and turns and meows at them as if she has never in her whole ten years been loved or petted or even spoken to. Cats love to make you look bad in front of company.

Scarlett wanted this picture to go to Friday's Ark last weekend instead of the poetry picture, she says that the boys don't like the scholarly type. With her pear shape, I told her she should value her brains over her beauty, but she just stared at me again. I know, "whatever." So I'll humor her this week and also let her see the fellows at the Carnival of the Cats, hosted by Justin's Random Thoughts. (end of post)

No comments: