Tuesday, April 11, 2006

At The Mall


After Christmas shopping. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"If men liked shopping, they'd call it research." ~ Cythina Nelms
I dislike shopping in malls, but this wasn't always so. There have been times when I would take a day off to travel to Birmingham and shop at the big Galleria Mall. I believe the year everything changed was the year I made a specific Christmas gift list. I looked for the first item in three different department stores and never found it. It was not much better for the other items on the list. I apparently picked up a nail from some construction going on in the mall and ended up with a flat tire in Tuscaloosa on the way back to Mississippi. Finally, back at home, I clicked on the TV and saw the first item on my list at QVC with a price that was half of the mall price. And QVC actually had the item in stock! That was my last big shopping trip to a mall. Oh, and the two days you will not see me anywhere within five miles of a mall? The day after Christmas and the day after Thanksgiving.

Submission for Tuesday's Photos topic "shopping". (end of post)

No comments: