Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dominoes


Dominoes. Posted by Picasa
"Of course I have played outdoor games. I once played dominoes in an open air cafe in Paris." ~ Oscar Wilde (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)
Second only to Scattegories, dominoes must be Nyssa's favorite game. She learned to play while in high school and now plays with friends in person or online. I have never really understood the scoring or the rational with this game, therefore I am a pathetic opponent. Just listen to the object of the game:
"In practically all domino games the players strive to block the game so that others cannot make a play; or to make ends when added together equal some given number or multiple of that number, or to so play that the ends of the line will show "spots" of equal value. A player goes "Domino" when he plays his last piece before any opponent."
I understand the last sentence, otherwise it is as clear as mud. So if you play dominoes and play well, I am very impressed.

Submission for PXITE topic "games". (end of post)

No comments: