Sunday, November 20, 2005

Domestic Chores

Mr. Rhett, Domestic Cat. (Click picture for larger view)
"Housework, if you do it right, will kill you. My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." ~ Erma Bombeck
Mr. Rhett demonstrates his method for ironing; "I sit on the shirt until my body heat flattens the wrinkles. Of course, this takes some time and various maneuvers and the results aren't great. And when I'm done my staff still have to use the sticky roller to get my hair off. I don't know why they do this; don't they know that no outfit is complete without a little cat hair? Hey! Don't get huffy with me! After all, I didn't get paid for this, I volunteered my services so what do you expect! Now, go away so I can play with my mouse."

Oh yes, Rhett is really a BIG help!!!
"The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron." ~ George F. Will (American editor and news commentator b.1941)
Submission for Moody Monday topic "domestic".
If Rhett gets his ironing done on time he will be joining the other animals at Friday's Ark and the "domesticated" felines at Carnival of the Cats, hosted this week by IMAO.(end of post)

No comments: