Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Moon In The Pines


Moon in the pines. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"See yonder fire! It is the moon
Slow rising o'er the eastern hill.
It glimmers on the forest tips,
And through the dewy foliage drips
In little rivulets of light,
And makes the heart in love with night."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "Christus--The Golden Legend"
I don't remember if I've posted this before, but it is one of my favorite shots of the moon. It was dusk and the moon was rising in the east over the pines; not a full moon but bright. Every time I look at this photo the words of a little nursery rhyme jump into my head:
The Man in the Moon looked out of the moon,
Looked out of the moon and said,
"'Tis time that, now I'm getting up,
All children are in bed."
~ Author Unknown
Submission for Tuesday's Photos topic "moon". (end of post)

No comments: