Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Motorcycle Mania


On the road again. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Even in the presence of others he was completely alone."
Robert M. Pirsig (b.1928) US novelist,
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
This is transportation for the brave, those who march to a different drummer. This is not your wimpy little scooter but a big powerful machine, yours to master. I dated a guy who had a motorcycle, I was married to a guy with a motorcycle and I worked with an old guy who had a scooter. I felt the most safe riding with the guy I dated, the most insecure with the guy I was married to and the poor sap I worked with ended up with a ruptured spleen, a hip replacement and a femur fractured into more than 30 pieces. But then he was riding a scooter.
"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window." ~ Author Unknown
Submission for Thursday Challenge topic "transportation". (end of post)

No comments: