Friday, May 12, 2006

Pretty In Pink


Columbine (Click for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Tis the land where the columbines grow,
Overlooking the plains far below,
While the cool summer breeze in the evergreen trees
Softly sings where the columbines grow."
~ Colorado State Song
These beauties were already blooming but not in our yard. I planted seed and established bulbs and now my patience needs to kick in. They may never come up. I do so hope they do. Any color would be fine. The spikes are a form of specialized leaves with the center area being the actual flower. They are lovely. In all the years I lived in Oklahoma, Texas and Mississippi, I never saw these flowers. Another reason to love Virginia.
"When bright flowers bloom
Parchment crumbles, my words fade
The pen has dropped ...
~ Morpheus
(end of post)

No comments: