Saturday, May 06, 2006

Orange Daisy


African Daisy, Orange Symphony (Osteospermum) (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Silently a flower blooms,
In silence it falls away;
Yet here now, at this moment, at this place,
The world of the flower, the whole of
the world is blooming.
This is the talk of the flower, the truth
of the blossom:
The glory of eternal life is fully shining here."
~ Zenkei Shibayama
The rain is moving in and I've spent the day digging in black clay. Now my pains have pains and I'm moving slow and tomorrow I'm really going to pay. So, tonight I wanted color. Orange.

This was the color of my favorite bedroom growing up. The only one that wasn't a pastel pink so light you just had to imagine the color was there. I didn't get this room until I was in college, so our time together was limited. It was an old house and my room was upstairs. It was a large room (the largest I ever had) with a huge walk-in closet and storage area; and while there was a great dormer window, you couldn't stand up at the outer edges of the room because of the slanted ceiling. It was a complete '70's room, bright quilted bedspread with large "flower power" daisies in bright orange, white, lime green and yellow. Shag throw rugs in lime green and yellow and the associated orange and yellow accent pillows. Color saturation was maximum, and so was my joy.

Daisies forever!!!

(end of post)

No comments: