Monday, August 14, 2006

The Thorn


Blurred rose leaves and thorn. Macro. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Sometimes in our confusion, we see not the world as it is, but the world though eyes blurred by the mind." ~ Unknown
In the early months of Spring, new life emerges from the rose bush cut back in the fall. These leaves are small, delicate, and quite red only to turn green as they grow. I tried to get a macro shot of these dark crimson leaves but there was a small problem of the wind; and the fading light of day and a certain fickleness in my old camera. The combination got the best of me; ten blurred pictures in a row. The color was a different matter; to me it was perfect as red is so hard for a digital camera to capture. And there is that thorn; I hadn't seen it or rather noticed it but there it is, almost in focus; a punctuation mark to this round of pictures. So, I kept it, for the color and the "thorn".

Submission for PXITE topic "blurred". (end of post)

No comments: