Friday, February 17, 2006

My Baby


Nyssa: my baby, April 1986. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"I looked at this tiny, perfect creature and it was as though a light switch had been turned on. A great rush of love flooded out of me. ~ Madeleine L'Engle (Writer)
Twenty years ago this coming April I took this picture of a sleeping Nyssa in the rolling bassinet by the hospital bed. She was freshly back from her trip to the newborn nursery beach, still warm from her time of basking under the "bili lights". Nothing severe; the result of taking so long to get here. I still love this baby, still wonder at her laugh, marvel at her eyes that look blue.. no green... no hazel... no grey...they seem to change to fit her mood.
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
~ Robert Munsch
Submission for Photo Friday topic "baby". (end of post)

No comments: