Friday, January 26, 2007

The Brothers Line Up

Four brothers: (l. to r.) Lewis, Jerry, John and Loren. The lineup.
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long." ~ Susan Scarf Merrell
"All for one and one for all
My brother and my friend
What fun we have
The time we share
Brothers 'til the end."
~Author Unknown
My dad (far right) and his three brothers, recently were together for a 50th anniversary celebration, the third in five years. Uncle Lewis (far left) and his wife have their 50th this coming May. Lewis and Dad were the oldest, then Jerry (second left) and John (second right). The one sister, Mary Katherine came along much later. She was the lucky one wasn't she, to have four big brothers; two older to protect her and two younger to pester her.

This picture evolved from my attempts to get a group portrait of the four brothers. Not one of them is comfortable in front of a camera; they would rather be out on the farm or working on an old car or now, sitting in their easy chairs with their feet up and the television remote in hand. In the picture taken face on they looked so stiff and straight, it reminded me of a police line up; this made me laugh. Since I had the frontal view, all we needed was a side view.... too bad we didn't have any of those little tags they hold up for the mug shots. I played with the original (serious face) pictures and posted them in October as The Unusual Suspects. This separate shot found them laughing as well.

Submission for PhotoFriday topic "brother". (end of post)

PS: My brother had a birthday this week and his post is here.

No comments: