Friday, January 26, 2007

A Conversation (Of Sorts) With Miss Clover

Clover: "Look what I found, a mouse preserved with catnip!"
(All pictures enlarge with a click) (Rebel)
Posted by Picasa
"A mouse in the paws is worth two in the pantry." ~ Louis Wain
And a mouse in the box in the sun is worth more than a hundred mice in the holes. And what should I do with this mouse? Perhaps I should hid him from the others; ooooooooooo that smell is no good!


Oh, I should roll in this pretty box with my mouse; my mouse is so soft and fuzzy. I can smell my mouse and he smells yummy with the catnip. I can rub my mouse all over my head and roll on my mouse and hold my mouse tight! Oh, how I love these mice kept with the catnip!


My goodness! This mouse is making me a little dizzy; this is strong catnip. Look there is my back foot! It is trying to go over my head; does my foot want my mouse? Hold tighter with the paws! I wish I had thumbs. Am I doing yoga? My brain is fuzzy from this mouse...did Mom put this mouse in here to trick me? Wait! What is that? Oh, no! It's the black camera thingy with the long nose on it.


What are you looking at? Of course I know it isn't a REAL mouse!!! Go away and quit pointing that box at me! Stop that clicking sound!!! How humiliating! OK, now..... time for a nap!

And they say old cats don't play.... Miss Clover will be boarding Friday's Ark today and will check for mice over at the Carnival of the Cats on Sunday. The carnival is hosted by Mind of Mog this week. (end of post)

No comments: