Friday, September 15, 2006

Garden Bright


A bright bloom in Brooklyn. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Here is a little forest
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum;
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!"
~ Emily Dickenson, #2, 1851
Another gorgeous flower from the Brooklyn Botanical garden was a favorite for butterflies and bees. The blooms were large and petals so bright.... "I had to wear shades!!"

Flowers evoke feelings that differ with color, shade and the flower species. What do I feel as I gaze on this blossom? A hot sizzling sun; bold and brazen attitudes; sweet and tangy tangerine; "he loves me, he loves me not" game of the heart. What sensations do you feel when gazing on a blindingly bright bloom?

Submission for PhotoFriday topic "bright". (end of post)

No comments: