Saturday, September 02, 2006

Purity


White orchid (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Working in white makes people look into it. White is ethereal. There's a purity to it; it makes things look elevated in a way. There's a whole palette of white..." ~ Jonathan Milne
A simple white orchid, baby's breath and satin ribbons on a small white Bible; this was my mother's wedding bouquet fifty-six years ago. White orchids, green fern and pastel ribbon; an Easter corsage. When I was a little girl, my dad always found an orchid corsage for my mom each Easter. I think it reminded him of their wedding; of how much he loves her.

This flower was growing at a local nursery surrounded by many other varieties; red, violet, yellow, green and others. The large white blossom with just a touch of yellow caught my eye. I couldn't resist.

Submission for PXITE topic "white". (end of post)

No comments: