Friday, February 02, 2007

Curb Appeal?!

One man's trash is another man's treasure. But in this case I certainly hope not!
(Click picture to enlarge, but really, why?)
(Rebel)
Posted by Picasa
"I realize that there are other people who have days stranger than mine. I don't know them. I don't know anyone who knows them. But I'm sure they're out there. Somewhere." ~ Sarah Hoffman
I found them! These beauties belong to those people who have stranger days. I'm sure, or at least I think these pistachio and baby blue toilets were once at the pinnacle of decorative home fashion; right up there with matching tubs and sinks. These, of course were coordinated with the kitchen sinks and appliances... although, I believe the favorite color schemes in the kitchen were called "avocado" and "gold". These look to be from the era of shag carpeting and bead curtains and were definitely in need of an update. Can anyone suggest a rational for the brown tank cover? These would be strange in the bathroom and were quite strange on the curb.... a few days later they were gone. I hope no one picked them up thinking... "My, these would make unique flower planters!!" Stranger things have happened!

Submission for PhotoFriday topic "strange". (end of post)

No comments: