Monday, February 26, 2007

Nature Throws A Curve

Sisyrinchium albidum, White blue-eyed grass. (Macro)
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"In life, as in art, the beautiful moves in curves." ~ Edward George Earle Bulwer-Lytton (1803 - 1873)
The blue-eyed grass is back, at least the green blades are; no buds or blooms yet. This wild flower is beautiful with the pastel blue petals and the central curved vein running through to the tip. I have looked at this picture on and off all day. It reminded me of something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then the lights came on in my head (if only for a moment) and it hit me! These curves remind me of the old nylon stockings with the thick dark seams in the the back. Does anyone remember those days, long before pantyhose, when women expended much effort to keep the those unruly seams straight? All to no avail, as a line along the curve of the calf will never stay completely straight. I was very, very happy to see those things go out of fashion and the fishnet stocking of the '60's show up. Ackkkk! What am I saying? Must go to bed... eyes drooping shut....zzzzz!

Submission to MacroDay for topic "curves" (end of post)

No comments: