Friday, February 23, 2007

She Sells Seashells.....


Sea urchin shells. (Click picture to enlarge) Posted by Picasa
"I search for the realness, the real feeling of a subject, all the texture around it ... I always want to see the third dimension of something ... I want to come alive with the object."
~ Andrew Wyeth, artist (1917 - )
The summer job in a knick-knack shop at the beach was not always exciting and much of the merchandise was at best, tacky but it was a job and Nyssa worked hard. While I was waiting on her one day I snapped pictures of gaudy coconuts fashioned into flamingos, plastic molded fish with silicone enhanced lips and juice glasses with "Virginia Is For Lovers" written on the surface in hot neon colors. The shells were a pleasant contrast and I found these sea urchin shells in soft colors and wonderful textures. All was not lost.

Submission for PhotoFriday topic "textured". (end of post)

No comments: