Saturday, August 27, 2005

Abstract Cat


The Accidental Cat (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind.
They slip, diminished, neat through loopholes
Less than themselves;
From the poem Cats - written by A.S.J. Tessimond
This is Scarlett. At least I took a picture of Scarlett. The flash didn't flash, the picture was black and when I clicked "I feel lucky" on Picasa, a colored version of this appeared. The background looked like a computer microchip computer board with the geometric lines and in the foreground the black outline shadow of a cat. OK, let's see what it looks like in black and white; click, not too bad. Just before I clicked on the "delete" button I changed my mind and kept it. It has an appeal I can't quite place but can't squash either. Then I saw it. There, that little white spot towards the right side of the head; ah, the twinkle of a cat's eye. Yes this is Scarlett, mischievous, hyperactive at times; I bet she planned this picture.

Submission for PXITE topic "abstract". (end of post)

No comments: