Sunday, August 14, 2005

I Am Max, See Me Smile or Max's Toy Review


Max and his squishy red ball Posted by Picasa
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
~ Samuel Butler (English novelist, essayist and critic, 1835-1902)
OK, I'm not really smiling, it just looks like I am with this squishy ball in my mouth. This ball is from a smart toy set my mom got me in Mississippi. Maybe she thought I had been abused and this would give me something to do while she was at work besides cry. I only cry at sirens now, it hurts my ears and while I no longer remember how I got lost or why I ran away, I think it had something to do with fire engines.

My toy is a soft block with holes in it. Mom puts the blue and red balls inside and I stick my nose in the holes and shake, shake, shake until I get one out. They have squeakers inside. I like squeakers. I didn't understand that I was supposed to just get them out and put them back so I chewed one all to pieces. Now she just brings it out to play fetch. This is a good toy.

Well, I will say good-bye for now. The heat index is over 100 degrees and my mom has let me come inside to sleep. I am on a soft fleece pad in a big kennel in a quiet room with my favorite ball and my chew bone. It is cool. I'm happy.

Love,
Max

PS: Go see stories about other doggies big and small at Carnival of the Dogs, hosted by Mickey's Musings. (end of post)

No comments: