Monday, December 05, 2005

I'll Give My Best


A Christmas snow globe. (macro) (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Late on a sleepy, star-spangled night, those angels peeled back the sky just like you would tear open a sparkling Christmas present. Then, with light and joy pouring out of Heaven like water through a broken dam, they began to shout and sing the message that baby Jesus had been born. The world had a Savior! The angels called it "Good News, " and it was." ~ Larry Libby ("The Angels Called it Good News" in Christmas Stories for the Heart)
The Christmas snow globe is a tradition at our house. Nyssa receives one almost every year. A few are not Christmas oriented but most are. This one contains the Christ Child in a manger with an onlooking lamb and The Little Drummer Boy. It reminds me of the greatest gift I have ever received or could ever hope to receive. How grateful I am for God's gift and how like the drummer boy I feel when he sings, "I have no gift to bring that's fit to lay before the king"; and what joy to know like the little boy "I'll give my best to Him" and that will be enough.

(end of post)

No comments: