Tuesday, December 06, 2005

When The Storm Is Over


Sun shining through the storm clouds. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
For 'tis the mind that makes the body rich; And as the sun breaks through the darkest clouds, So honor peereth in the meanest habit. ~ William Shakespeare [The Taming of the Shrew (Petruchio act IV, iii)]
The storm is over, the winds have died down to a gentle breeze and the dark skies slowly give way to blue sky. Shafts of sunlight emerge at the clouds edge and reach earthward to once again bathe the flowers and grass in light and warmth. This picture reminds me that God is there even through the storms of life. I may not always see Him working, but He's there, He hasn't left me alone, He's just behind the clouds working to help me through. Then when the storm is over I can see the results of His love for me. I can weather the storm because I know God is there in the midst of the dark clouds and on the other side.

Submission for Photo Tuesday topic "unposted". (end of post)

No comments: