Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rhett: For Sophie


Mr. Rhett posing for Sophie. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not." ~ Robert Herrick
Mr. Rhett has a girlfriend. He sent his picture to Vicki's Sophie and now he saw her most recent picture, sitting in her chair, poised, watching the Christmas ornament and he is smitten, in love, head over paws, crazier than usual, purrrrrfectly in love. He wanted to send Sophie his love. I told him that the easiest way would be to go through Friday's Ark and Carnival of the Cats. He wanted to send her a classic love poem.
I Would Live in Your Love
I would live in your love as the sea-grasses live in the sea,
Borne up by each wave as it passes, drawn down by each wave that recedes;
I would empty my soul of the dreams that have gathered in me,
I would beat with your heart as it beats, I would follow your soul
as it leads.
~ Sarah Teasdale
Rhett is sorry he didn't write it himself. He's not very accomplished with poetry; it's hard to find many words that rhyme with "meoow". But Sophie will understand, it's the thought that counts. Join Sophie and Rhett at Friday's Ark this week and at Carnival of the Cats showing this week at When Cats Attack.
(end of post)

No comments: