Friday, December 29, 2006

All Ready For The "New" Year

"Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true."
~ Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892)

My baby brother is wonderful!!!! Look what he got me for Christmas!!!
No one in the WORLD has a better brother!!!
(Please click the pictures to see larger views)
Posted by Picasa
"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero" ~ Marc Brown
"My brother is a superhero!" ~ srp
My brother got me a new camera and I thought it was perfect for the "new" theme this week; so I thought I would take a picture of my new camera, but to do that I would have to use my "old" camera. He gave me my "old" camera too but it would be confusing to have a "new" picture taken with an "old" camera, so I took a picture of the picture of my new camera that is on the cover of the new manual and I used my new camera to do it. There! I am blurring my eyes so I don't have to re-read that paragraph; it rambles, I know. But, I still feel like there is this little girl inside me with her face all scrunched up in delight, holding her new camera tightly in her hands, dancing round and round on tippy-toes with excitement and singing "Look and see, look and see, a pretty new camera just for me!" That little girl rambles! So..... I decided to take some NEW pictures....


An unburned candle. (Macro)

While this isn't technically a new candle, it has never been burned. Hence, only my honesty lets you know that this was not a recently gifted candle. It was however a gift from a previous Christmas..... but again, I ramble. How about another one......


Lady Willow with her new look.... clean!

Willow has been sitting under the piano bench bathing in the gentle colored lights of the Christmas tree. She has also been bathing.... yes, really! She had her yearly bath. Willow is pretty docile, sad and unhappy, but docile in the tub. It is the aftermath of brushing and combing and an hour of air blow drying that is the most difficult for one who gives the bath. That would be my daughter Nyssa this year. Here she looks fluffy and clean and new and seems quite pleased with herself. And last but definitely not least .......


Our house at dusk... all decked out!

This is a compilation picture from two taken with my new camera and stitched together. You really have to click on the picture to get the larger, full effect. This camera captures the colors of sunset in amazing fashion. I balanced the camera on the roof of my daughter's Honda Civic and surprise...... the Christmas lights reflected off the car finish, even though it needs a bath too. I am sooooo excited!!! This new camera is going to be so much fun!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Stephen!!!

The theme for Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt this week is "new", couldn't you tell? You can go here to "Grab the Scavenger Hunt code" and here to join the blogroll. This really cute new logo is available there as well. The link to other participants is in my blogroll on the sidebar.
(end of post)

No comments: